
The Nicoletti family gathered recently at Nicoletti Beverage Center as the longtime Tacony beer distributor prepares to close.
Silvio and Rose Nicoletti opened the business on State Road in 1959, moving to its present location at 7040 State Road in 1973.
The company was ultimately taken over by their sons, Joe, Mike and Rocco, who were raised on Princeton Avenue and attended Our Lady of Consolation and Father Judge.
The sons credit their parents with creating a successful business based on service and thank their family members and other employees for working as a team to keep it going for 67 years. They are also grateful to loyal customers.
Today, the building is 12,000 square feet, including Nicoletti’s Hockey Complex, owned by Joe since 2004.
The three Nicoletti brothers have a total of 11 children, who have young families and careers of their own.
Nicoletti’s has sold the ground to a marble and granite company. The business will remain open until Sept. 12, with hours Tuesdays through Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
On Aug. 13, the Nicoletti family – Joe, Mike and Rocco and their children and grandchildren, along with spouses – got together for a group picture and champagne toast. All 46 family members were there, and they ordered 48 commemorative T-shirts (the family will soon grow by two).
When the Nicoletti brothers wonder if all the work they and their parents put in was worth it, they need only to look at the family picture.
The whole crew ended the night with food and drinks at another Tacony staple, Curran’s. ••

